1/19/2013

Baby News and Big Blue Baby Blanket

Things are busy around here with preparations for the arrival of the new little one. Our due date is fast approaching with only a couple weeks left to go! My house is a complete mess with boxes of baby things brought up from the basement, baskets of tiny laundry, and lists upon lists that I keep making and forgetting. We have a crib up, bought a new changing pad and hospital bags packed but I feel really unorganized. Hopefully, our little nugget will stay put until we get things in order. I have one more week of work left then it is nest and rest time until he comes!

I have been diligently working away on a blanket for the new little one. It is similar to the big green one I made here as a baby gift for my cousin. It was pretty grass green with a brown border.


It is the same easy and quick offset shell with the crab stitch border pattern that I got from Goodknits! She made a beautiful red one. The one I made is a beautiful cheery turquoise.
 
 
The crab stitch might just be my new favorite way to border. I used to be all about the picot but I love how this gives this great rolled edge.
 
Snazzy! (If I do say so myself.)
 
 
In other news, I have a new camera! The hubs surprised me with a Canon Rebel that I have been coveting for about 4 years. The best part is that I have no idea how to use it . *Sigh* I mess with it but I really haven't a clue what I am doing. I took the above blanket pics with it (as you can tell by the blurry first photo.) 
 
Here are a few shots of me trying to figure it out:
 

I found this tutorial on pinterest from lilblueboo.com. She had better doggie luck than I did.


It turned out pretty!

Just about any pic with this cutie pie in it is good.

Love the bed head.

And this happy goofy smile. He is going to be a great big brother.
 
We are all getting anxious knowing things are going to change around here in just a quick hot minute. I can't wait to meet this new little person. My huge belly is like a big wrapped present with a do not open sign on it! I can hardly stand it!
 
Love,
B and little bit (that is currently causing a ruckus in my tummy.)
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment