12/02/2012

Where have I been in October and November?

Oh my word! I haven't blogged in months. I have become one of those people who once had a blog. Things have been busy around here though. The hubs got a new job and was gone away to training for 6 weeks. I actually thought that would give me MORE time to blog. Boy, I was wrong. When you become a single parent you do twice the work. I had to do Halloween alone for the first time and Gavin's first parent teacher conference! Look at my cute little werewolf and my skeleton baby!

Now he is home and working away at his new job. So far so good! I love my man in a uniform.
(That shadow at the bottom is Gavin's! Isn't that adorable?)
 
Little man had his 6th birthday!
 
 I can't believe he is 6!


I have also been busy growing this little baby in my belly.

Let me tell you, this is hard work! He is doing great and we are trying to use our last few weekends left preparing for his arrival in early February. We have cleaned out the kids bedrooms in preparations of moving them together so the baby can have a room to himself. This weekend we began painting over the purple in Kylee's rooms to a more gender friendly aqua blue. Gavin has a nice tall captain's bed with drawers under it. We are going to store the drawers and slide Kylee's bed under it to give them room to play. We borrowed a trundle bed from my Grandma and this will hopefully work out great. We are also hoping this is temporary and that we can sell our house this spring! This house just isn't big enough for four people. Even if three of them are little people. Seems that our little people have more stuff than us big people.

Now it is Christmas time! I know this month is going to blow right by me. Especially with working full time, the weekends have become the most precious 48 hours. I have to make the most of my time when all I want to do is relax in my pjs and watch my belly dance with that tiny little acrobat inside! And watch a ton of Christmas movies, of course. We started right after Halloween too! I am totally into Christmas this year. We had the arrival of our Elf on the Shelf this year! Meet Jingle Bells!

 
He is an ornery little guy. While it is fun to pose him around, I don't think the kids are behaving any better with his watchful eyes around. Maybe I will remember to do a full on Jingle Bells post with all his antics on down the December road.
 
I had planned on getting on here to update everyone on this awesome homemade laundry detergent I have been using for a couple months. When I saw how long it had been since I posted last I thought I should do a little update! So await with anticipation on that. I am actually quite happy with it!
 
Love,
B



No comments:

Post a Comment