8/22/2012

First Day of Kindergarten!

I can't believe it is the very first day of my little monster's school career. I am filled with emotions and doing my best not to cry. I actually did quite well at school. Gavin did amazing! He was so super excited to go to school. Daddy got up early to make him first day of school pancakes. How awesome is that? Then we had a photo session on the front porch.

 His very cool backpack! A snazzy embroidered name I put on at work.

We drove him to school and I got hugs and kisses and waves and "I love you, Mom!" and still managed to hold it together. When he hopped off the bus two hours later he was extremely happy. Had a color page to show me. He was filled with stories of new friends and funny songs. He keeps singing "Hickety pickety bumble bee who can say their name for me?!" First day was a success. Now tomorrow I have to put him on the bus and drive off to work and not see him until I pick him up from the sitter. That may be the toughie.

Here is a little something I whipped up in Photoshop. I hope I can remember to do this every year!
There should be some sort of kindergarten parent support group meeting after they leave us.
 He is the one frantically waving good bye!
 
I know he will do great in kindergarten. This is just the first little step in becoming an independent wonderful part of the human race. He will do great things with his life. Mama will always be proud of him. I am lucky to be his mama. Love you Gavin!

No comments:

Post a Comment