5/17/2012

Belated happy birthday to me! Part One

At the end of April, I turned 31. I am officially "in my thirties" now. I was feeling a little glum about my birthday when a very wise person told me, "Hey, you are still alive." I thought, wow. That is some serious perspective. I decided that the time with being disappointed with my birthday is over. Life is what you make it and I am not going to let anything get me down.

So we made plans! That got me excited!
I made cupcakes for work. Duncan Hines French Vanilla with a pudding frosting recipe I found on Pintrest from the Not Just Cute blog. They were a yummy hit.

I received my very first ever flowers from my husband (and kiddos) at work. Let me tell you, if you are a man and think that your woman doesn't really care about getting flowers, even if she told you not to bother spending the money on something so short term, do it anyway. There is this amazing feeling when someone walks through a door holding beautiful flowers that someone has sent you. Or maybe its just me. I like the feeling when someone goes out of their way to make me feel special!

After work, we headed off to St. Louis. We ate dinner at The Spaghetti Factory on LaClede's Landing.  

The kiddos thought is was pretty much awesome and both ordered spaghetti and meatballs.

Gavin's first taste of spumoni ice cream.
The next day we visited Forest Park!

Me in front of the art museum. I wish we would have had time to walk through. It is one of my favorite places to go.

The penguins are always a good time. They were splashing the kids and swimming up to the edge and popping up out of the water. I love the penguins! 
 We rode the carousel.
Gavin met his doppelganger.

We took the typical gorilla statue pic. Oh, don't let that sour face fool ya. She actually did have a good time. I think. I had to encourage her to take pictures and be our personal family vacation documentarian to actually get her excited about seeing the animals but it worked out in the end. I now have 300 pictures she wants printed out and made into an album.

 We rode the train. Gavin talked and talked about riding the train. He was just so excited.
 And he got to see a real dragon.
 The very best part of the whole zoo experience, in my opinion, was petting the sting rays. Well worth the $3. They were so neat. They would rise up to your hand sometimes like a cat or a dog. They felt just like I always thought too.
It poured down rain as we hid in here but I think we could have hung out forever just watching them swim!

The St. Louis Zoo is a great place to visit. We hadn't been in a while so we were ready to go.

Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment