11/10/2011

Tasty Treats: Spinach Bacon RanchTurkey Wrap

tasty treats

I get stuck in lunch ruts. So tired of my usual sandwich and a side. Blah. Blah. Blah. The other day I got a little more creative and came up with an easy sandwich alternative.

Here is what you need:
-two tortillas
-two strips of bacon
-shaved turkey
-sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese
-light ranch dressing
-baby spinach

001
I snipped my bacon with my kitchen scissors before I fried it.

002
Heat two tortillas on a plate covered with a damp paper towel for a few seconds in the microwave. (I prefer the wheat tortillas but Aldi doesn't sell the wheat and I did't make a special trip to the dreaded Walmart for tortillas.)

003
Mmmmmm...bacon. I love me some bacon. I think you could put bacon on just about anything and make it better.

004
Put your turkey on your warmed totilla. Sprinkle over bacon, cheese and drizzle the ranch. I like to stick in the microwave for about 30 seconds to take the chill of the ranch and turkey and melt the cheese a touch. Then add the spinach.

006
Roll into a burrito type shape by tucking in the sides as you fold it over.

007
Cut in half at an angle to make it fancy. Mmm...delish. No boring sandwich for me today, Thank you.

Did I mention the bacon? Mmmm.....bacon. Bacon. Bacon. Bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment