11/03/2011

Tasty Treats: Peach and Blueberry Crisp

tasty treats

This fall I have certainly been in a baking mood. It could be that I am incredibly cold and want an excuse to turn on the oven. This recipe is deliciously peachy. I heart peaches. They are beautiful to look at with fabulous sunset colors of orange, pink, and yellow on that fuzzy skin. They are seductively sweet and juicy. My favorite drink is peach tea Snapple. Seriously, if you put peach in it I will probably try it. I love them.

010

What you need:
3 large peaches, sliced (about 4 cups)
1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup quick cook oats
1/2 cup baking mix or flour
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup butter, softened
ginger
nutmeg
cinnamon

Preheat your oven at 375 deg F and butter a 9"x9" baking pan.
Boil a pot of water and plop your peaches in the water for about 20 seconds then directly into a bowl with some ice and water. The skin will magically peel off! This was my first time trying this and I was amazed.
012
Slice them up into a bowl with your blueberries. I used some frozen ones that look a little shriveled but they taste fine.
011
Add 1/2 tsp each of vanilla extract, ground ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Light stir then put them in your baking dish.
013
In another bowl combine baking mix, brown sugar, oats, 3/4 tsp cinnamon, 3/4 tsp nutmeg, and cut in softened butter with a fork.
014
Sprinkle on top of fruit mixture.
015
Pop in the oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes the topping will be brown and the fruit will be bubbling and soft.
017
Your kitchen will smell divine.
018
Your taste buds will thank you. Invite over a friend for coffee and serve this. Add a little vanilla bean ice cream and your family will adore you. Maybe even someone will offer to do the dishes. That didn't happen for me but I have high hopes for you. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment