11/18/2011

Liberty Coffee, Ice Cream & Cheese Shops

I visted my hometown, Vandalia, IL, last week. There are a series of new shops that have opened downtown. A fabric store, a wood working shop, a scrapbook store, and a "we sell your stuff on ebay" kind of store. My mom and I visited my favorite kind of shop, one that sells food. We checked out the lunch menu at Liberty Coffee, Ice Cream and Cheese.








They sell a large variety of jams, jellies, preserves, candies, jarred this and that.




Mmmmm...cheese. Lots of delicious cheese.


My little ham had a hot dog.


I let my mom have the last bowl of french onion soup. I am such a generous daughter.


I had some clam chowder. It was pretty good. I wish the bread bowl was more like the chewy sourdough variety I have grown to love from the bread chain restaraunt I have been eating for years. It was still good though.

We will have to come back for some coffee. It smelled yummy and they had a wide variety of flavored coffees. They also have a drive through which is nice when you are in a hurry (or in your pajamas). I need to buy some apple butter! It is definitely worth mor investigation! I have one suggestion for them: SPECIALTY GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES!

No comments:

Post a Comment