10/11/2011

Weekend in Review!

What a long weekend that was!

My long weekend started early and unfortunately, on a sad note. I went back home on Thursday for funeral services for a friend's father. I didn't know him all that well but what was obvious was that he was such a great dad to my friend. He was supportive of her dreams, something I think is so important. Through years in college, graduate school in New York city, marathons, Iron Man triathlons, and the beginning of her own parenthood. He helped her become the woman I love today! My heart aches for her loss and I hope that time will heal her broken heart.

After a beautiful service on a beautiful Friday morning, some of us decided to head to the close by winery to toast the dearly departed at Forsee Vineyards and Winery. We are holding a baby shower for my same friend at the winery this coming Saturday. We scoped out the venue and sampled some of the wine. I enjoyed a glass of their Tropical Sangria which tasted like a vacation in a glass. It was a beautiful day out on the patio! Then we headed to lunch at The Copper Penny. I had the pork carnita wrap and it was simply delicious. I wish I would have taken a picture!

Saturday morning my mama made us a homemade cinnamon roll treat!
002
Very yummy!

That evening, Gavin and I, attended a candy themed twin's 2nd birthday!
010
Their mom did a fabulous job on this party! I might just have to do a whole post devoted to the cuteness of this party.

Sunday, we were back home, having a lazy day! Tanner and Gavin built a monsterous blanket fort in the living room while I caught up on episodes of my two new favorite shows Whitney and New Girl! I think someone watched some football. Booorrinng. Later that evening, we checked out the Spirit Halloween shop at the White Oaks Mall in Springfield. Gavin wants to be Harry Potter. *beams with pride* So I think I want to be Hermione!

Monday, Tanner worked in the yard while I began on a baby afghan order! Aqua blue cuteness!
029

We headed back into Springfield for a Goodwill visit. We made haul! I snagged at least 6 new shirts for my fall/winter wardrobe, a $1 skein of black chunky yarn, a skirt for my costume. Gavin got a white button down dress shirt and black pants for his costume. Tanner got a shirt for his costume (oh what will he be? Im so excited about his costume!) and a couple shirts & four pairs of pants for work. All this for under $50? Yes please! I love the Goodwill! I really need to evaluate my closet and make some donations.

No comments:

Post a Comment