10/20/2011

Tasty Treats: Pumpkin Apple Muffins

tasty treats

This is my third batch of Apple Pummpkin Muffins in a week! They are so good and burst fall flavors in every bite. They are a great snack and perfect breakfast. This recipe makes two dozen. So far, I don't think they have made it past the 24 hour mark before they are all gone. I gave some away to Gavin's teachers. I experimented with streusel topping to decide I prefer it without. It can even be baked in a loaf pan making two loaves of bread.

What you will need:

Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
2 1/2 Cups Flour
2 Cups white sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp allspice or clove
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs beaten
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 vegetable oil
2 Cups peeled, diced apple

1) sift dry flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and spices together in one bowl.
001

2) beat eggs, add pumpkin & oil in a seperate bowl.
This is the pumpkin I used.
003
004

3)Gently stir together both bowls until moistened.

4)I wait to dice my apples now so they don't have an opportunity to get brown. It took two apples of medium size to equal two cups.
005
Then fold them into batter. **I can't quite remember why its so important not to over stir your muffin batter. I'm thinking from Home Ec in 8th grade, it had something about pointy muffin tops and tunnels in your muffin. Sounds awful. I wouldn't chance it.
007

4) spoon into muffin pan lined with papers or spray with oil and have naked muffins.
008
Bake for 30-40 minutes. check with a toothpick.
009
Let cool on a rack or munch right away. I prefer the right away method.
011

No comments:

Post a Comment