10/17/2011

Little Bird Baby Shower

Weekend Review: My weekend was consumed by baby shower preprations!

It turned out to be a beautiful sunny fall day to be at a winery for a baby shower. Everything came together with some help of some fabulous girls.

On Friday, my friend Emily and I made some yummy Lemon Shake Up punch and 48 cupcakes with homemade icing. They were delicious. The mom-to-be even popped in to help for a bit.

On Saturday, up bright and early to make 48 little sammies and prepare everything for the trip out to Forsee Winery and Vineyard! The people there were so friendly and were happy to help us out.

The little bird invite I made!
invite

We served Lemon Shake Up punch and Forsee Berry Sangria. Delicious.
002

The food table. A friend made the cute "BABY" pumpkins. Such a cute addition! I forgot to take a picture of it actually full of food but our menu was grape salad (a favorite of the little mama), party mix, veggies & dip, ham & chicken salad mini sammies, chocolate & white cupcakes with homemade vanilla icing.
005

Our cupcakes with the flag picks I put together from the penant banner scraps.
006

I made little bird nest centerpieces that held a snack of roasted peanuts and candy corn.
007

A cute little card basket with a little bird sign I made:
008

The penant banner I made from scrapbook paper and ribbon:
009

Lovin' on the bump! (It think its a boy!)
023

Sunday was spent recovering from a busy few days! We sat around in our pjs having a movie marathon! I worked a bit on the aqua blue baby blanket I started last weekend & read a little bit of Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. A nice laid back day!

No comments:

Post a Comment